Healthy Teeth – Optimal dental care and proper nutrition are essential for beautiful, healthy teeth. Dental hygiene has already improved in Switzerland in recent decades. Brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste, fluoridated salt, sugar-free sweets and advances in dentistry have all contributed to this. Nevertheless, there are other ways to improve oral hygiene from nature.
Table of Contents
Cleaning Tips To Keep Your Teeth Healthy
Routine dental care should be part of the morning and evening rituals in the bathroom. The following tips will help you care for your teeth properly and efficiently carry out.
- Brushing teeth should be for 2 minutes with light pressure. Soft to medium-hard toothbrushes with a head that is not too large and fluoride toothpaste is ideal. You can have your dentist show you the correct brushing technique.
- Replace the toothbrush after three months for hygienic reasons and because it can show signs of wear.
- An electric toothbrush can be easier than a “normal” toothbrush. As a result, brushing your teeth is often more accessible and practical.
- However, you can reach between the teeth with interdental brushes and dental floss. Use Interdental sticks made of wood for a rough cleaning, e.g. on the go or directly after eating.
- The effect of tooth-cleaning enhances by using a mouthwash solution. Mouthwashes inhibit the growth of bacteria in plaque and counteract the formation of tartar.
How You Support Healthy Teeth With Your Diet?
It is not just brushing your teeth that is important for oral health. Our eating habits also play a role in how healthy our teeth are. These tips about nutrition and food help to keep your teeth healthy:
- To a large extent, caries prevention control by sugar consumption. Caries bacteria break down sugar. We excreted acid. The more frequently the acid can act on the teeth, the more severely they are damaged. Avoid sugary drinks, too much sugar and, e.g. soft, sugary candies or similar that stick to your teeth.
- Calcium ensures hard and healthy teeth. Important suppliers of this mineral are, for example, milk, yoghurt, cheese or vegetables such as kale, fennel and broccoli.
- Acids from foods such as vinegar and fruit juice soften tooth enamel. For this reason, you should not brush your teeth for half an hour after consuming acidic foods.
- Sugar-free chewing gum is ideal for cleaning on the go or after a snack.
- Chewing stimulates the flow of saliva, which neutralizes the acids produced by plaque bacteria more quickly.
Oil Pulling – An Ancient Ayurvedic Healing Method For White Teeth And A Healthy Oral Flora
Another method that naturally complements brushing your teeth is oil pulling. Drawing vegetable oil through the oral cavity is said to detoxify the body. The natural substances in the oil have an antibacterial and cleansing effect. Interdental spaces that are difficult for a toothbrush to reach. If it becomes a daily ritual, it helps against tooth decay and bad breath. Oil pulling can also help stop bleeding gums, break down plaque, rid the mouth of bacteria, and even whiten teeth. In addition, it counteracts dry mouth and allows chapped lips to heal faster.
The harmless, biological process is easy to use. Slurp and suck oil in your mouth for about 15-20 minutes daily. It initiates the healing process. The rest of the work maintains the body. Ancient Ayurvedic texts report that oil pulling alleviates symptoms ranging from headaches and migraines to heart disease, arthritis, asthma and diabetes. Modern healing reports also speak of the same successes. Therefore, oil pulling is an inexpensive, simple and effective way to take care of dental, oral, and general health.
Dental Check-Ups Are Also Advisable Despite Careful Cleaning
Even with good oral hygiene, you should have tartar removed regularly, preferably annually, because this can attack the periodontium. So trying to save time and money is not worthwhile for dental and oral health.
The following overview summarizes our recommendations for healthy teeth
- Thorough tooth cleaning with a suitable manual or electric toothbrush and toothpaste
- Use of interdental brushes and dental floss
- Supporting dental care with mouthwashes
- Chewing gum is helpful on the go to neutralize the acids in the mouth
- Sufficient intake of calcium
- Oil pulling is a natural way to improve oral hygiene
Dental health or oral health is the minor thing we bother. The proper maintenance of teeth makes our smiles more beautiful. It is one of the main routines of personal hygiene. Improper maintenance of oral health makes the person next to us also uncomfortable.